DATEBOOK Spring 2021
Because events can change and some stop for the summer, contact the event host or visit its website to be sure the event is still on and times have not changed. Centers for Disease Control COVID-19 guidelines must be
followed, including social distancing and wearing of face coverings that cover the nose and mouth. Theaters have made accommodations for safety guidelines. For specifics, call the theater or visit its website.
• Art Gallery Exhibits: All year at the MIDFLORIDA
Credit Union Event Center, Port St.
• Grand Central – Stickwork sculpture by
Patrick and Sam Dougherty. A walk-through,
one-of-a-kind woven stick creation with
arches and walls. McKee Botanical Garden,
Vero Beach. All year, 794.0601
• Right of Way: The Highwaymen – Their path
to success broke through barriers and is a story
of intuitive talents, dramatic paintings, and
resourceful practices that continues to inspire
today. Backus Museum and Gallery. Through
March 7. 465.0630
• The Lure of Florida Fishing – Elliott Museum,
Stuart. Showcases the rich history, evolution
and art of this age-old sport and its impact on
a local and statewide scale. Explore vintage as
well as state-of-the-art equipment, mounts,
sculpture, and hand-crafted lures for fresh and
saltwater fishing. See what you can reel in on
a fishing simulator and pose for your photo
op. Through May 31. 225.1961
• Nature Connects – An extraordinary exhibit
of colorful animals, butterflies and shapes all
created by Sean Kenney using Legos. McKee
Botanical Garden, Vero Beach. Through April
• Chul Hyun Ahn: New Light – Vero Korean
artist Chul Hyun Ahn. Ahn creates sculptures
that look like portals extending deep into
uncharted spaces. Vero Beach Museum of Art.
Through April 25. 231.0707
• Poetry of Nature, Hudson River School
Landscapes – From the New York Historical
Society. Vero Beach Museum of Art. Through
May 2. 231.0707
• Clyde Butcher: America’s Everglades – Martin
County Cultural Courthouse, starting in January.
Please call or visit the websites of the below
venues to see if events have been canceled. Note
that some venues have updated their websites
to reflect closures; some have not. CDC Covid-19
safety guidelines are in effect for all venues. This
includes masks and social distancing.
Farmers Market green market and Jazz Market
Arts and Crafts – Melody Lane, downtown
Fort Pierce. Farmers Market 8 a.m.-noon; Jazz
Market 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Live jazz at the gazebo,
November through April. 940.1145
• Behind the Scenes Tours – St. Lucie
County Aquarium, Fort Pierce, 2 p.m. Call first.
• Farmers Market Oceanside – Humiston Park,
Vero Beach, 8 a.m.-noon. 321.4145
• Square Dancing – Walton Road Community
Center, Port St. Lucie, 6 p.m. Call before going.
• Sunset Saturday Nights – In front of
Humiston Park, Vero Beach, 5:30-8:30 p.m.
Bring a chair. Suspended until further notice.
For updates see www.facebook.com/verobeachoba.
Call first. 532.7983
• Woodcarver’s Workshop – Walton Road
Community Center, Port St. Lucie. Call before
going. 8 a.m.-noon. 359.8565
• Pontoon Boat Trips – Environmental Learning
Center, Wabasso, various times. Go to
discoverelc.com and click pontoon boat rides
to see if this is happening. To make reservations,
• Treasure Coast Model Railroad Club –
Clubhouse at 273 Becker Road. Ever-changing
layout with trains in action, open for public
viewing, free, 10 a.m.-noon. Best to call first.
• Vintage Market and Green Market – 14th
Avenue and 20th Street, Vero Beach, 9 a.m.-
4 p.m. 643.6782
• Cars and Coffee – Elliott Museum parking lot,
Stuart, 8-10 a.m. Call to see if this is on. Go to
hsmc-fl.com for information. 225.1961
• Community Garage Sale – Minsky Gym,
Darwin Boulevard, Port St. Lucie, 8 a.m.-noon.
Call first. 344.4142
• New Tradition Market – The Landing, Tradition.
10 a.m-3 p.m.
• St. Lucie Green Market in St. Lucie West – in
parking lot near Bob Evans Restaurant, 1855
SW Fountainview Blvd., 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
• Stuart Green Market – City hall parking lot,
Flagler Street, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Go to Stuartgreenmarket.
org for updated information.
• Tradition Green Market – The Landing shopping
center, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. except July in the
Tradition community, western Port St. Lucie.
Call first. 359.1462
• Music at the Mansion – Jensen Beach. The
Mansion at Tuckahoe in Indian RiverSide Park.
Bring lawn chairs. Live music, food and beverages
for sale, activities for kids. Call to see if
this is on. 288.5690
• Jensen Beach Art League Show – The Elliott
Museum, Nov.-April, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Call first.
• One-Stop Garage Sale – Civic center’s
garage, 9:30-1:30 p.m. 344.4142
• Line Dancing – Walton Road Community
Center, Port St. Lucie. Call to see if this is on.
• Farm to Fork – Green market at Treasure
Coast Research Park, Fort Pierce, 3-6 p.m. Call
• Jazz Jam by Fort Pierce Jazz & Blues Society
– Sunrise Black Box Theatre, 7-10 p.m. February
and March. Jazzsociety.org 460.5299
• Woodcarver’s Workshop – Walton Road Community
Center, Port St. Lucie. 8 a.m.-noon. Call
to see if this is on. 359.8565
Every Other Tuesday
• Jazz – Sunrise Theatre Black Box Theatre,
November-January. Masks and social distancing
required. April-July. 7-10 p.m. 460.5299
Stroll the paths under the shady oaks in Riverside Park, visit the booths,
speak with the vendors and enjoy good festival food at the annual Under
the Oaks – the acclaimed Vero Beach fine art and craft show, voted one of
the top 200 in the nation by Art Fair Source Book with more than 200 artists
and craftsmen and women. Call for more information 231.0303.
St. Lucie County Aquarium’s Smithsonian
Exhibit of saltwater marine life in living native
habitat – This is the once-a-month free admission
day. Call to see if this is on. 462.3474
Sunset Concerts at the Gallery – Martin
Courthouse Cultural Center. See MartinArts.
org for updates. September through June.
5:30 p.m. 287.6676
• Immersion Tour of Harbor Branch Oceanographic
Institute – North of Fort Pierce.
10:30 a.m.-noon. Limited to 12 people. Call
for update on when this will resume. For reservations,
which are required, call 242.2293.
• Green Market and Food Co-op – Marina
Square, Fort Pierce, 12-6 p.m. Call for update
on when this will resume. 971.8480
• Guided Tour of History Exhibits – Elliott
Museum, Stuart, 11 a.m., meet at front desk.
hsmc-fl.com. Call for when this will resume.
• Volunteer Gardening Day – Heathcote
Botanical Gardens, Fort Pierce, 9 a.m.-noon.
Check heathcotebotanicalgardens.org for
First and Third Wednesday
• Tour of Historic Mansion of Tuckahoe – North
end of Indian RiverSide Park in Jensen Beach.
September through May, 10 and 11 a.m. Call
to see if this is on before going. 463.3201
Every Other Wednesday
Jazz Jam Fort Pierce Jazz & Blues Society –
Port St. Lucie Botanical Gardens, 6:30-
9:30 p.m. except for February, March. Visit
jazzsociety.org or call 337.1959 for updates
• Indian River Lagoon Research Tour – via
pontoon boat until April, hosted by Harbor
Branch Oceanographic Institute – North
of Fort Pierce. 10 a.m.-noon. For dates and
reservations call 242.2293.
• Jammin’ Jensen – downtown Jensen Beach,
6-9:30 p.m. 334.3444
• Line Dancing – Walton Road Community
Center, Port St. Lucie. 370.1732
• River Nights – Westmoreland Park, 2140
SE Westmoreland Boulevard, 5:30-8:30 p.m.
Tranquil evening overlooking the St. Lucie
River. Enjoy the fire, live musical entertainment,
cash bar, food available for purchase.
Free, all ages welcome. 878.2277. October
• Book Club – McKee Botanical Garden, Vero
Beach, 11 a.m. through April. 794.0601
• Behind the Scenes Tour of Smithsonian
Research Station – South Hutchinson Island,
Fort Pierce, 2 p.m. Suspended temporarily. Call
for updates. Registration required: 462.3474
or 465.3271 or online: http://tinyurl.com/
Rock’n Riverwalk – downtown Stuart on the
river, 1-4 p.m. Check before going https://
• Friday Fest – Downtown Fort Pierce, 5:30-
9 p.m. Call for rain date or to see if canceled.
• First Friday Gallery Strolls – Old downtown
Vero Beach, 5-8 p.m. Call first. 643.6782
• Coffee with PSL City Council – Port St.
Lucie Community Center, 8:30 a.m. Call first.
• Coffee with Mayor of Fort Pierce – Fort Pierce
Yacht Club, Veterans Memorial Park, 8 a.m.
Call first to see if this is on or if it will be done
as a virtual meeting. 466.3880 >>