DATEBOOK Winter 2020
Because events can change, be canceled or postponed, especially with the COVID-19 pandemic, and some events stop during certain months, contact the event host or
visit its website to be sure the event is still on and times have not changed. Please be sure to follow all CDC COVID-19 guidelines for the safety of yourself and others.
• Art Gallery Exhibits: – All year at the
MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Event Center,
Port St. Lucie. 807.4488
• Grand Central – Stickwork sculpture by
Patrick and Sam Dougherty. A one-of-akind
woven stick creation with arches and
walls. McKee Botanical Garden, Vero Beach.
• Insight: Photography of Jon Kral – Outstanding
photojournalist who worked at home and
abroad, published in national magazines such
as National Geographic, Time magazine and
many more. Backus Museum and Gallery.
Through Jan. 3. 465.0630
• Avery to Warhol – Vero Beach Museum of
Art. Through Jan. 3, 2021.
• Animators, Artists and Multimedia Giants –
Elliott Museum, Stuart. Features a makerspace
lab where visitors can create their own works
of art. See discovermartin.com/event/animators
artist-multi-media-giant for details.
Through Jan. 31.
• Nature Connects – An extraordinary exhibit
of colorful animals, butterflies, shapes all
created by Sean Kenney using Lego bricks.
Through April 25.
• Chul Hyun Ahn: New Light – Korean artist
Chul Hyun Ahn. Ahn creates sculptures
that look like portals extending deep into
uncharted spaces. Vero Beach Museum of Art.
Through April 30.
• Farmers Market green market and Jazz Market
Arts and Crafts – Melody Lane, downtown
Fort Pierce. Farmers market, 8 a.m.-noon; jazz
market, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Live jazz at the gazebo,
November through April. 940.1145
• Behind the Scenes Tours – St. Lucie
County Aquarium, Fort Pierce, 2 p.m. Call first.
• Farmers Market Oceanside – Humiston Park,
Vero Beach, 8 a.m.-noon. 321.4145
• Square Dancing – Walton Road Community
Center, Port St. Lucie, 6 p.m. 631.2184
• Sunset Saturday Nights – In front of
Humiston Park, Vero Beach, 5:30-8:30 p.m.
Bring a chair. Suspended until further notice.
For updates see www.verbeachoba.org; call
• Woodcarver’s Workshop – Walton Road
Community Center, Port St. Lucie. 8 a.m. to
• Pontoon Boat Trips – Environmental Learning
Center, Wabasso, various times. Go to
discoverelc.com and click pontoon boat rides.
Reserve by calling 589.5050
• Treasure Coast Model Railroad Club –
Clubhouse at 273 Becker Road. Ever-changing
layout with trains in action, open for public
viewing, free, 10 a.m. to noon. Best to call
• Vintage Market and Green Market – 14th
Avenue and 20th Street, Vero Beach, 9 a.m.-
4 p.m. 643.6782
• Cars and Coffee – Elliott Museum parking
lot, Stuart, 8-10 a.m. Go to hsmc-fl.com for
• Community Garage Sale – Minsky Gym,
Darwin Boulevard, Port St. Lucie, 8 a.m.-noon.
• New Tradition Market – The Landing, Tradition.
10 a.m.-3 p.m.
• St. Lucie Green Market in St. Lucie West – in
parking lot near Bob Evans Restaurant, 1855
SW Fountainview Blvd., 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
• Stuart Green Market – City hall parking lot,
Flagler Street, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Visit Stuartgreenmarket.
org or call 233.0297.
• Tradition Green Market – The Landing shopping
center, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. except July in the
Tradition community, western Port St. Lucie.
Call first. 359.1462
• Music at the Mansion – Jensen Beach. The
Mansion at Tuckahoe in Indian RiverSide
Park. Bring lawn chairs. Live music, food and
beverages for sale, activities for kids. Call first.
• Free Admission – Backus Museum and Gallery,
Fort Pierce. 465.0630
• Jensen Beach Art League Show – The Elliott
Museum, November-April, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Call
• One-Stop Garage Sale – Civic center garage,
Port St. Lucie, 9:30-1:30 p.m. 344.4142
• Line Dancing – Walton Road Community
Center, Port St. Lucie. 370.1732
• Farm to Fork – Green market at Treasure
Coast Research Park, Fort Pierce, 3-6 p.m. Call
• Jazz Jam by Fort Pierce Jazz & Blues Society
– Sunrise Black Box Theatre, 7-10 p.m.
February and March. Visit Jazzsociety.org or
• Woodcarver’s Workshop – Walton Road Community
Center, Port St. Lucie., 8 a.m.-noon.
Every Other Tuesday
• Jazz – Sunrise Theatre Black Box Theatre,
November-January and April-July, 7-10 p.m.
• St. Lucie County Aquarium’s Smithsonian
exhibit of saltwater marine life in living native
habitat. This is the once-a-month free admission
• Sunset Concerts at the Gallery – Martin
Courthouse Cultural Center. See MartinArts.
org for updates. Call. September through June,
5:30 p.m. 287.6676
• Immersion Tour of Harbor Branch Oceanographic
Institute – North of Fort Pierce.
10:30 a.m.-noon. Limited to 12 people.
Call for update on when this will resume.
Reservations required: 242.2293.
• Green Market and Food Co-op – Marina
Square, Fort Pierce, 12-6 p.m. Call for update
on when this will resume. 971.8480
• Guided Tour of History Exhibits – Elliott
Museum, Stuart, 11 a.m., meet at front desk.
hsmc-fl.com. Call for when this will resume.
• Volunteer Gardening Day – Heathcote
Botanical Gardens, Fort Pierce, 9 a.m.-noon.
Check heathcotebotanicalgardens.org or call
Bring your crew to the Treasure Coast Pirate Fest Friday, Feb. 12, through
Sunday, Feb. 14. All things pirate are featured in the three-day family friendly
Pirate Fest in Veterans Memorial Park in Fort Pierce with a fascinating living
history pirate encampment, pirate ships, a little buccaneer kids zone, costume
contests, treasure hunts, live mermaids, pirate weapon demonstrations with
real cannons, pirate crews and historical reenactors.
First and Third Wednesday
• Tour of Historic Mansion of Tuckahoe – North
end of Indian RiverSide Park in Jensen Beach.
September through May, 10 and 11 a.m. Call
before going. 463.3201
Second and Fourth Wednesday
• Jazz Jam Fort Pierce Jazz & Blues Society –
Port St. Lucie Botanical Gardens, 6:30-9:30 p.m.
except for January, February, March. Visit
jazzsociety.org or call 337.1959.
• Indian River Lagoon Research Tour – via
pontoon boat, January-April, hosted by Harbor
Branch Oceanographic Institute, north of Fort
Pierce, 10 a.m.-noon. For dates and reservations:
• Jammin’ Jensen – downtown Jensen Beach,
6-9:30 p.m. 334.3444
• Line Dancing – Walton Road Community
Center, Port St. Lucie. 370.1732
• River Nights – Westmoreland Park, 2140 SE
Westmoreland Blvd., 5:30-8:30 p.m. Tranquil
evening overlooking the St. Lucie River. Enjoy
the fire, live musical entertainment, cash bar,
food available for purchase. Free, all ages
welcome. 878.2277. October through April.
• Book Club – McKee Botanical Garden,
Vero Beach, 11 a.m. January through April.
• Behind the Scenes Tour of Smithsonian
Research Station – South Hutchinson Island,
Fort Pierce, 2 p.m. Suspended temporarily.
Call for updates. Registration required: Visit
http://tinyurl.com/SmithReg or call 462.3474
Rock’n Riverwalk – downtown Stuart on the
river, 1-4 p.m. Check before going https://
www.facebook.com/stuartmainstreet/ or call
• FridayFest – Downtown Fort Pierce, 5:30-
9 p.m. Call for rain date or to see if canceled.
• First Friday Gallery Strolls – Old Downtown
Vero Beach, 5-8 p.m. Call first. 643.6782
• Coffee with PSL City Council – Port St.
Lucie Community Center, 8:30 a.m. Call first.
• Coffee with Mayor of Fort Pierce – Fort
Pierce Yacht Club, Veterans Memorial Park,
8 a.m. Call first to see if this is on or if it will be
done as a virtual meeting over the internet.
• Art Walk – Visit the downtown Fort Pierce
galleries on Second Street and the Peacock
Arts District from 5-8 p.m.
• Coffee with St. Lucie County Commission
Chairman – SLCTV studio, Room 101, County
Administration Building, Fort Pierce, 8:30 a.m.
Call first. 462.1400
• Downtown Friday –14th Avenue between
20th and 21st streets, Vero Beach, 5:30-8:30
or 9 p.m. 643.6782
Friday and Saturday
• Comedy Zone, Howl at the Moon and Live
in the Loop: Comedy Zone shows at 7:30 and
9:30. Howl at the Moon with live music, food
and bar, 6:15 p.m. Reservations for Howl or
tickets for Comedy Zone: 231.6990. Live in
the Loop – Riverside Theatre free outdoor
concerts. 6-9:30 p.m. Visit www.riversidetheatre.
com for more details.
Friday, Jan. 1
New Year’s Day >>